Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Day When I Cried To My Gran

This may seem a sensitive issue but I feel getting it out in the open may make me feel better about it.
After staying for several days in England visiting my Gran with my mother. It was the morning I was due to be leaving on the train back to Wales, so that I can get my results tomorrow. (Don't start on them,).
To put it lightly my Mum had been somewhat of an annoyance during the stay, not to put the blame on anyone else but I was also apparently argumentative.
Upon asking my mum what she was talking about, as she was rambling, She replied by leaning into me condescendingly with those 'Oh I'm a teacher, I must explain it to you simply' eyes. I then asked why she lent into me, this sparked her to storm out while shouting at me.
By doing this in front of my Gran is highly humiliating,  and yeah, started crying.
There is an upside to this though! Don't worry too much :)! My mum and I do get on, it was the close proximity I think. The upside being that I finally saw my gran as my Gran. I've always felt her to be someone to always be pleased, with higher expectations than anyone. She didn't really want to know me, but now she does. I know this probably wasn't the case, that she genuinely loved me and whatever but its nice to finally feel it. She even gave me some money, and she's never given money 'just because' before. I know it's sympathy money, so I'm not spending it and I tried giving it back, but oh well.
I'm thinking of going to see her on my own maybe, it would be a good idea.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, means a lot. If you're getting results this summer, Good luck!
George x

No comments:

Post a Comment